Weld County

Clerk and Recorder

Leading with responsive, innovative and cost effective services.

I want to ?


Permits & Records

Property Info


Marriage Licenses

Marriage LicenseA marriage license can be used anywhere in the State of Colorado. However, the license must be used within 35 days from the date of issue. The license is issued the day it is applied for and may be used immediately.  

Apply for a License

You can apply for a marriage license between the hours of 8AM and 4:30 PM at the following locations:

1402 N. 17th Ave.
Greeley, CO 80631

2950 9th Street
Ft. Lupton, CO 80621

4209 WCR 24 1/2
Longmont, CO 80504

Marriage License Fee:  $30.00 Cash Only

Marriage License Requirements

Just MarriedAge Requirements: The legal age without parental consent is 18 years of  age. Applicants who are 16 and 17 years of age must have parental consent from both parents. If one of the parents cannot appear at the time of applying for the license, an absentee application may be completed and NOTARIZED ahead of time. At least one parent must appear in person.  A parent who has sole custody of a minor will be required to sign a statement to this fact. This is to be presented when the marriage license is issued. Applicants 15 years of age or younger, must obtain a court order granting judicial approval as well as complying with the above requirements. The court order must be obtained in the county where judicial approval has been granted.

Identification: Each person must have a valid United States issued I.D. or a birth certificate accompanied by a second form of photo I.D.

Social Security Number: Both parties need to know their social security numbers.

Previous Marriages: If either party has been divorced or widowed, we need to know the date, County and State. We do not need proof. The couple will be required to swear under oath that all information given is true and correct.

Application Form: Both applicants must appear in person to complete and sign the marriage application. If one party cannot appear, he or she must obtain an absentee application from the Clerk and Recorder's office. The party applying must bring the absentee application along with identification for the absent party. Applicants need not be residents of Colorado. ABSENTEE APPLICATIONS MUST BE NOTARIZED.

Blood Test: Blood tests are not required for either applicant.

Who Can Perform a Marriage?

  • Judge 
  • Court Magistrate
  • Parties to the Marriage 
  • Other public official authorized to perform marriages or in accordance with any mode or solemnization recognized by a religious denomination or Indian tribe or nation. 

Wedding RingsIf the couple chooses to perform their own ceremony, they must complete the lower portion of the marriage license and sign as officiating party as well as parties to the marriage. The type of ceremony and words exchanged (if any) are their choice. 


Clerk & Recorder


Professional pic - Carly Koppes

Carly Koppes
1402 N. 17th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Phone: 970-304-6530
Fax: 970-353-1964
Term: 01/01/15-12/31/18

Chief Deputy: Rudy Santos

Contact Information

Weld County Recording Department
1402 N. 17th Avenue, Greeley CO 80631
(970) 304-6530
(970) 353-1964
Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 459
Greeley, CO 80632